Summary of Key Ideas of Thesis Proposal Writing and
Writing a Thesis
1: The ‘Thinking About It’
sure you write down all of your ideas.
be influenced too much by others – remember it’s your own
Always set realistic goals for your thesis.
realistic time deadlines for yourself.
2: Proposal Preparation
sure you look and read other proposals.
sure your literature review is comprehensive.
proposal should be the first three chapters of your
on the research.
sure you include a title in your proposal.
Organise your proposal around a set of questions.
- Make sure you adhere to the requirements of your advisory
- Find a faculty that will support you in your research.
- Remember your professor is your ally.
- Plan regular proposal meetings with the faculty and your
3: Thesis Writing
Write the sections up first that you know well.
- Rewrite the proposal into dissertation sections.
- When printing out the drafts of your thesis, make sure you
use different coloured paper each time with every draft.
- For graphs/tables – draw them by hand initially to save
- Make sure your writing is unambiguous and clear.
- Also look at others’ theses before you start writing.
- Make meaningful suggestions for further research.
- Chapter One should always be written last.
Stage 4: Defending Your Thesis
- Make sure
you can attend others defence meetings.
- Discuss your research with other people as much as you
- The defence meeting should be both you and your adviser
acting as a team.
- Don’t get defensive at the meeting.
- Organise your defence as a presentation.
If you are having
problems writing a thesis or writing a thesis
paper then please visit our thesis writing services
page by clicking this doctoral dissertation
Bookmark this page: